Monday, March 19, 2018

Grateful - Mixed Media Panel



Hey friends !!!!


Today I am here to present another interesting  Mixed media panel which is super close to my heart.


No automatic alt text available.





As an artist I never throw my brushes.... I don't know why but I feel they have helped me create wonders so once they go bad n are no more useful I still don't feel like throwing them or discarding them.... I have some kind of bonding with them so here I made this compilation using couple of my old brushes.... Had made this couple of months ago.......I m in love with this beautiful piece n would love to hear what u all think about it . I Have named this canvas GRATEFUL if u look at it closely u will be able to find that word in it. 

For this beautiful mixed media panel I Have used card stocks, corrugated sheets n laces for the background layers.....  For embellishments  have used wooden, metal n few resin ones too.... apart from that string, rings n pearls . To get this gradation I covered the whole piece in white gesso after all the embellishments were adhered. then left the left hand side part in white i started coloring the center part in turquoise n let it mix with gesso for shaded effect. then from right side i started painting it in dark brown again bringing it to blue in brown shades. i totally love the way this has turned out. 

Hope this post inspires you !!! would love to see your creations .

Thank you for stopping by !!!

Love & hugs 

Bela






















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Positive Vibes Hop - BLESSED - An Altered Telephone in Mixed Media Pictorial

Hello !!! I am Bela shah. Welcome to The Positive vibes hop. The purpose of our blog hop is to start the new year on a colorful & ...