Saturday, August 18, 2018

Mixed Media Altered Box - Pictorial - Tutorial




Hey Friends,
This is Bela from India and today I have a Beautiful altered mixed media box for you using the amazing Little Birdie metallic tints. I hope you all like it and find this post creatively inspiring.
Here is the step by step tutorial to make this beautiful box.
I had this black box.... I started by using the left over chipboard which I cut according to the box side to add my first layer.  I like to add layers to my mixed media projects. Added a coat of black gesso on it.


Then I started playing around with my embellishments ... I had a broken oval frame which I used in this along with some steampunk gears, butterfly, big pearls and Little Birdie flowers. Your arrangement should look something like this. I also used a beautiful picture for my frame which I protected with a coat of soft gel medium matte.


I adhering the picture to the frame from behind.  Coated the flowers with black gesso . These flowers had shimmer and were of super thick textured paper so the effect that I got after the coloring was awesome.

Once everything is adhered and coated with gesso, your box will look something like this.



After drying the gesso thoroughly I started to dry brush the box with silver oak metallic paint. Then I added 2 of my favorite colors that is Caribbean teal and Glazed berries to give the effect I wanted.... I absolutely love this combination which is very different and unique.



After the dry brushes it looks absolutely gorgeous.... the black box altered into an awesome box that can be gifted to some one or used as jewelry box or for keep sake.
Once the cover of the box was ready I felt something is missing on the sides and I shouldn't leave it bare. So I used the same metallic paints and dabbed on the steampunk style stencil to give a balanced look to the box on all the four sides.






I loved the box so much that I clicked so many pictures in different positions and cant help but share all with you. It will also help you'll to understand all the dimensions too...
I hope you all love this project just as much as I did.
Would love to see your creations inspired by this one.
Love & Hugs
Bela









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Positive Vibes Hop - BLESSED - An Altered Telephone in Mixed Media Pictorial

Hello !!! I am Bela shah. Welcome to The Positive vibes hop. The purpose of our blog hop is to start the new year on a colorful & ...