Monday, January 21, 2019

The Greatest Prayer is Patience -Buddha - Mixed Media Canvas with Instant Image Transfer Tutorial




Hello All,
This is Bela Shah for Itsy Bitsy blog today !!!

This is my Design Team blog post for them and I hope you all are as excited as me for something different and amazing ... This post is about Little Birdie's Instant Image Transfer in which you get immediate results without waiting for a whole day of suspense how your project will look like .

So without further ado lets hop on to the step by step pictorial for this amazing project I have created.... I hope you all love this project just as much as I do.


I do lots of different crafts like decoupage, flower making, altered arts , calligraphy, paintings etc.... however now a days I am high on mixed media as its very versatile and can be merged with any other kind of art.... also it triggers your imagination till the last point. I absolutely love the surprise element of it so i thought why not merge the image transfer with mixed media.

I selected a beautiful and artistic image of Buddha for my project. I took a laser print on a normal paper . Applied a generous quantity of the instant image transfer gel onto my canvas sized . After that I stuck the image face down on to the canvas and pressed it gently n firmly to see it stuck properly on to the canvas ... also this step help spread out the gel evenly and also removes any trapped air bubbles . also the heat of the hand and the friction produces heat which helps the image get transferred onto the canvas thoroughly. Once I was satisfied with the adhering part I sprayed some water to moisten the canvas and started peeling the paper. first layer of the paper comes of super easily .







After that step comes the most important part.... And just as the title says the greatest prayer is patience .... this is a project which needs loads of patience..... I guess the title is apt for this project ... wink wink.... so slowly n steadily with gentle hands start rubbing the paper in circular motion .. it will peel the paper away.


Try and remove all the peeled paper from the canvas every time you start rubbing again... I know its little messy and time consuming but truth me its worth every effort. These are the pictures of the different stages of peeling off the layers of paper.

Once all the peeling of paper is done and you are satisfied with the way image looks we are ready for our step no 2. the perfect way to know that the transfer process is complete when you see a proper image without any white haze. if you see a white haze after drying that means there's a still a layer of the paper that needs to be peeled.

After this image was totally dried and no moisture was left i painted the white border with black gesso . it gave a proper definition to my project. Also after applying gesso and drying it properly i applied a coat of Deco Magic glue to seal my Image transfer.


I wanted to create a beautiful Home Decor piece with my image transfer canvas. so i took a left over mdf wood piece . Primed the whole piece with black gesso.


I chose a beautiful and my favorite stencil and added texture on the whole panel with grainy texture paste. once it was dried I sprayed bright colored splashes which matched the colors of Buddha image .


I added a backing to the buddha canvas to elevate it and give it a dimension and adhered it on to my mdf. My mixed Media with Instant image transfer Home Decor piece was ready ....






I feel this project is perfect for home decor . I hope this post creatively inspires you all...


Love & Hugs
Bela












No comments:

Post a Comment

The Positive Vibes Hop - BLESSED - An Altered Telephone in Mixed Media Pictorial

Hello !!! I am Bela shah. Welcome to The Positive vibes hop. The purpose of our blog hop is to start the new year on a colorful & ...